Baked pumpkin spice donut recipe
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix (see below)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3-4 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin spice mix
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven at 350 F
- Spray donut pan or silicone mold with non stick cooking spray. Set aside
- In a medium size bowl whisk together pumpkin purée and sugar.
- Add vegetable oil and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Add to your wet ingredients and mix with a spatula.
- Add pumkin pie spice and salt mixing until combined.
- Batter should be on the thicker side.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag. Fill up each donut cavity.
- Bake 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 5-7 minutes
- Transfer each donut to a cooling rack until they are completely cooled.
- In a medium size bowl mix powder sugar, butter, milk, vanilla until well combined
- Divide the glaze in different bowls and add food colouring of your choice.
- dip your donut in the glaze and let it set on a cooling rack
- Once glaze has set, eat donut and enjoy xoxo