Here is my chocolate buttercream recipe go to for many of my desserts. It is very fluffy, easy to work with and doubles very well. It is perfect for your cakes, cupcakes, macarons, mini tarts and much more.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
Yield: 3 cups
Chocolate buttercream recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar or confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsps espresso coffee
- 450 g semisweet chocolate, chopped, melted and cooled
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar.
- Mix together cocoa powder, water and espresso.
- Gradually, beat in the melted chocolate and the cocoa mixture until all is combined.
- Beat on high for 5-10 minutes until it has double in size and it is nice, fluffy and silky with no sugar grains.
- Let it rest for 30-45 minutes before using it.