Chocolate buttercream frosting recipe

chocolate frosting

Here is my chocolate buttercream recipe go to for many of my desserts. It is very fluffy, easy to work with and doubles very well. It is perfect for your cakes, cupcakes, macarons, mini tarts and much more.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
Liliana xoxo

Yield: 3 cups
Author: Liliana da Silva
Print

Chocolate buttercream recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar or confectioners sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 2 tbsps espresso coffee
  • 450 g semisweet chocolate, chopped, melted and cooled

Instructions

  1. Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
  2. Gradually add the icing sugar. 
  3. Mix together cocoa powder, water and espresso.
  4. Gradually, beat in the melted chocolate and the cocoa mixture until all is combined.
  5. Beat on high for 5-10 minutes until it has double in size and it is nice, fluffy and silky with no sugar grains. 
  6. Let it rest for 30-45 minutes before using it.

Comments

  1. I just saw your post for your chocolate American Buttercream. I will be trying this recipe as it sounds fantastic. I'm reaching out to you with a question. Last week before seeing this recipe I made a different chocolate frosting that is American Buttercream but that recipe also included 1/2 cup Sour Cream in it. Because I like to get as much done in advance I froze it and now am questioning whether or not it is safe to freeze American buttercream that has sour cream in it. This is going to a party and and safety is my number 1 concern. Thank you for any help.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment