Rice Krispies squares recipe

 
Rice krispies squares recipe, rice krispies treats
Hi guys,
hope you are having a great week. This week is spring break here in Canada. Many have left the country for a warmer climat while others are breaking their heads on what to do with the kids. Why not take all the electronics away and bake with them something so simple as rice krispies treats.
This recipe brings me so many memories as a little girl. It was actually my first experience in the world of baking. For some reason my mom would never want  me to bake and this was one of the only recipes that I was allowed to make because me and my brother would devour the dish as soon as it was ready to be eaten. I remember being so proud of myself for making something so simple and achieving what I called dessert. lol
Hopefully this blog will inspire you to create memories with your kids. Wish you all a great spring break.
Also, be sure to Subscribe to my YouTube channel for free cake decorating tutorials. A video is uploaded every week. https://www.youtube.com/user/Lilianadasilva1   

Ingredients:
5 cups marshmallows
1/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies vanilla flavour

Step 1 
Melt your marshmallow and butter over medium heat using a large pot.
Step 2
Continuously stir until all the marshmallows are melted. Once melted, you may add your vanilla extract.
Step 3 
 
 
 
 
 
Add 1 cup of cereal at the time and stir until well coated. I use the vanilla rice krispies because we find that the squares are wayyyyyyyyyyyy more tasty.
Step 4
Transfert your mixture into a slightly creased dish. Press down using a spoon . (A little trick that I have is to dip or spoon in water, it will prevent sticking)
Step 5
Let the rice krispies cool completely and cut into squares.
 
Enjoy!

 
 

Rice Krispies squares recipe

 

Ingredients:

  • 5 cups marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies vanilla flavour

Instructions:

  1. Melt your marshmallow and butter over medium heat using a large pot.
  2. Continuously stir until all the marshmallows are melted. Once melted, you may add your vanilla extract.
  3. Add 1 cup of cereal at the time and stir until well coated.
  4. Transfert your mixture into a slightly greased dish. Press down firmly using a spoon . (A little trick that I have is to dip or spoon in water, it will prevent sticking)
  5. Let the rice krispies cool completely and cut into squares.
 

Comments